Business Development and Marketing Coordinator
Washington, DC 10014 US
Our client seeks a Business Development and Marketing Coordinator (Coordinator) who will be based out of the Washington, DC office. The Coordinator supports and executes the business development and marketing initiatives for THE FIRM s experts and consultants. Reporting to a Senior/Business Development and Marketing Manager (BD Manager) and an integral member of THE FIRM s international marketing team, the Coordinator will work closely with consultants and other marketing staff in the development, execution, and administration of marketing programs and campaigns. THE FIRM seeks an entrepreneurial, energetic, and highly collaborative individual who possesses strong attention to detail, outstanding communication skills, and impeccable internal client service.
Duties for this position will include but are not limited to:
- Conducting research and preparing intelligence reports on clients, prospects, competitors, industries of interest, and market intelligence
- Writing marketing copy for THE FIRM s social media channels, website (including intellectual capital and events), and client alerts
- Assisting with one-on-one coaching and business development strategy with consultants
- Using Salesforce to update mailing lists, manage data, and create reports in support of various marketing campaigns (including events, client alerts, and announcements)
- Assisting with and organising logistics for webinars, seminars, workshops, corporate hospitality, and other client activities
- Providing administrative support to the business development team
- Serves as a marketing and business development resource for THE FIRM s practices including international arbitration, securities, energy, environment, communications, and infrastructure, among others.
- Delivers meaningful market, client and competitive intelligence, research, and analysis to support business development and marketing initiatives as identified by consultants and BD Manager.
- Assists in the collection, tracking, and reporting of data and experience from consultants. Manages archiving and tracking of matters and business development opportunities.
- Coordinates preparation and delivery of marketing materials for current and prospective clients, including printed, bound materials, proposals, PowerPoint presentations, etc.
- Conducts and coordinates research on identified new business targets and industry or legal trends and assists the BD Manager in developing tailored strategies, approaches, and materials for effective business development efforts.
- Creates content for and posts to the firm s social media channels (LinkedIn, Xing, and Twitter), and monitors social media.
- Assists with the production of corporate networking events, seminars, and webinars, including authoring guest books, event materials, and other logistics.
- Creates content for use on firm s website, newsletter(s), and other external materials.
- Assists with authoring press releases and news items concerning developments at the firm.
- Develops timelines and project work plans to ensure marketing efforts stay on track.
- Assists with the coordination of client events, including providing on-site support at THE FIRM-hosted events and conferences.
- Works collaboratively to create, maintain, and update web and print marketing collateral, including brochures, industry group descriptions, project and publication summaries, and biographies.
- Performs special projects, as assigned.
Skills and Attributes
- Undergraduate degree in business, marketing, communications, or related area.
- Minimum of two to four years of relevant marketing experience preferably in a professional services environment.
- Must be fluent in English. Fluency in German, French, Japanese, and/or Spanish is highly desirable.
- Must have excellent writing, proofreading, and communication skills.
- Flexibility to adjust work schedule according to workload demands.
- Knowledge of core marketing principles including internal communications, seminar/event planning, branding, and social media are required.
- Demonstrated capabilities to handle tight deadlines, shifting priorities, and the ability to find creative solutions.
- Experience working within an international team.
- Strong computer skills and a high level of proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Premier, and understanding of digital marketing tools (Pardot, AEM, and Workfront). Salesforce experience highly desired.
- Proactive, collaborative, and positive attitude.
- Exercises confidentiality and discretion.
- Competitive salary and flexible benefits package.
- The opportunity to work with an international team of highly experienced marketing professionals in a dynamic consulting environment.
- Work on high profile global corporate events and projects.
- Firm-sponsored social activities.