Director of Strategic Accounts - New York
New York, NY US
The Director of Strategic Accounts is an important part of the Marketing and Business Development (MBD) team and responsible for overseeing the firm s Key Account Program (KAP) and strategic client service and development initiatives. This position will report directly to the Chief Marketing and Business Development Officer. This role will focus on expanding and institutionalizing client relationships and requires a deep understanding of the sales process and the ability to effectively navigate a law firm environment to drive collaboration and revenue growth.
Professional Services BD experience a must have
- Set the strategic direction and goals for the firm s Key Account Program (KAP):
- Drive a proactive sales function that increases the number of institutional $10+ million accounts that are serviced by multiple practice groups;
- Measure and assess performance (key performance indicators) across accounts to ensure the achievement of program objectives;
- Determine account allocation and assignments for KAP resources;
- Plan, coordinate and lead regular interactions and updates with the program s Business Development Committee;
- Lead the annual account vetting and selection process, using quantitative and qualitative inputs to formulate business cases for new entrants to the program;and
- As needed, present to the firm management on program developments and success.
Sales Training & Client Service Excellence:
- Serve as the firm s thought leader for client account management, relationship development and client service.
- Capture and disseminate best practices from the KAP via training (Client Service University) and other distribution channels to attorneys and staff.
- Develop a program and process for collecting client feedback.
- Coach attorneys and help them prepare for client satisfaction meetings with clients;participate directly in select client satisfaction meetings.
- In addition to managing the broader KAP portfolio, directly manage a number of accounts.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the client s business model, key risks, competitors and strategic business agenda.
- Become immersed in the client s industry, developing an understanding emerging trends, challenges and opportunities.
- Establish an understanding of firm s service offerings and know how to introduce those offerings to clients to add value to the relationship.
- Identify potential client issues/needs and connect them with relevant, best-in-class the firm s service offerings.
- Join pitch meetings and networking/social events with clients.
- Provide coaching to Lead Relationship Partners and attorneys to influence and improve their business development and client relationship skills.
Assume additional responsibilities as requested.
This role requires 60% in office presence;remote work is permissible 40% of the time.
- Bachelor s degree required, MBA a plus
- 15+ years related work experience in BD, sales, or client service, preferably in a law firm, consulting or other professional services environment.
- Outstanding client service mentality, with demonstrated ability to instill this in others.
- Executive presence with the ability to develop advisory relationships with attorneys and motivate them to carry out the Firm s business development and client service goals.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to influence others.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, service-oriented environment, prioritize multiple projects on a daily basis, and adjust to shifting priorities.
- Strong planning, project management, process, presentation, and organizational skills.
- Strong sense of urgency and a high-energy level.
- Ability to analyze, work with, and present data.
- Ability to collaborate and gain the respect, trust, and confidence of the Firm s attorneys and professional staff, utilizing a high level of emotional intelligence (EQ).
- Creative and proactive approach to problem solving.
- Facilitate teamwork and identify opportunities to develop new processes/infrastructure.
- Demonstrated ability to see the big picture, operationalize a plan, grasp and implement new concepts quickly and measure results.
- Strong analytical abilities, resourcefulness, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with a proactive and positive style that fosters collaborative working relationships.
- Deep personal commitment to integrity, excellent judgment and the highest standards of ethics.
- Must display the highest level of diplomacy, tact and discretion, with comfort in handling and maintaining confidential information.
- General knowledge of social media platforms.
- Ability to travel, as needed.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in using CRM, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Zoom, Excel and PowerPoint. Ability to quickly get up to speed and master new applications and software is critical.