Electronic Discovery Strategic Sales Engineer
Chicago, IL US
From your seat in our beautiful new office in downtown Chicago, you will have access to many teammates to help respond to clients timely. Our office is in the heart of the loop with very convenient access to all major public transportation lines. Please be aware we are onsite with a traditional work schedule and are not offering remote nor hybrid roles at this time.
The Strategic Sales Engineer ( SSE ) is responsible for providing product support to new prospects during the sales cycle. In this role, you will identify, understand, and define customer needs and demonstrate how the firm s eDiscovery platform meets those needs. You will provide technical sales support for pursuits to close opportunities in the law firm, corporate, government, and third-party service providers segments. The SSE is considered one of the most knowledgeable members of the team and provides additional support and demonstrations for strategic purposes, including tradeshows.
This highly technical sales-support role will have an excellent understanding or all facets of the firm s software and be able to clearly articulate how the software works and help support a prospects specific product questions. This exciting role helps our prospects understand why the firm s software is the premier eDiscovery and AI platform on the market. The successful candidate will have previous eDiscovery experience and a proven track record of driving growth.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- This role requires the ability to really understand the prospect s use case and workflows to then effectively deep-dive into how the firm s software solutions will meet or exceed the prospect s requirements.
- Present the firm s platform to current and prospective customers with a master understanding the various functionality, workflows, differentiators, and customization capabilities.
- Provides advanced-level technical support to complex sales presentations and product demonstrations.
- Participate in demo system design, planning and spec-out configuration requirements, setting clear expectations and scope for hands-on testing for a positive outcome.
- Listen and understand the underlying questions from customers and tailor the product feedback accordingly.
- The ability to present our workflows in simple and easy to digest components.
- Provide feedback to technology and sales leadership related to concerns presented during product demonstrations.
- Collaborate with sales and client services teams for positive customer and prospect experiences.
- Consistently maintain a high level of meeting activity with a target of five product demos per week
- Stay current on eDiscovery market trends and competitor strategies.
- 5+ years in eDiscovery or legal software industry
- Consistently ranked as top performer in sales engineering roles
- Exceptional verbal communication, networking, and relationship building skills.
- Ability to converse with prospects at all levels, including the executive level.
- Detail oriented with capacity to manage multiple, simultaneous sales cycles.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, changing environment to prospect and develop new business; Ability to pivot and adjust product messaging according to customer s use case.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentations
- Professional mannerisms and appearance
- Travel, as necessary
- Education: Bachelor s degree required.
- 3-4 years of experience in sales engineering or technical consulting
- Special consideration will be given to candidate with experience in cloud-delivered legal software eDiscovery software or services.