Legal-Marketing & Business Development Manager
Washington, DC US
The Marketing & Business Development Manager position, located in DC, will have the following responsibilities:
- Manage the business development and marketing functions for the IP Practice Group, client teams and/or industry groups while working closely with other members of the global team to ensure a fully integrated marketing and business development program.
- Manage day-to-day responsibilities to ensure that assignments and projects are effectively managed and in alignment with the firm's overall strategic efforts, and that service to clients is exceptional.
- Develop and support annual marketing and business development practice group plans including thought leadership platforms, communications, and client outreach.
- Collaborate with marketing & business development department leadership and practice leaders to develop annual budgets including specifying key strategic and tactical objectives and means to achieve annual goals.
- Support responses to RFPs, and pitch, presentation, and other opportunities.
- Manage and direct marketing and business development client development programs.
- Provide support for seminars, sponsorships, and other events pursued by the firm.
- Engage in research and analysis and competitive intelligence-gathering for strategic planning, competitive firm positioning, and business development activities.
- Support recruiting and integration of lateral lawyers into firm.
- Develop and maintain league table or industry survey content; respond to league table/industry surveys or ranking submissions.
- Support coordination of business development training for lawyers
Specific Technical Skills:
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite of offerings.
- Familiarity with accepted research techniques and databases typically used for competitive intelligence in a professional services company.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated good judgment, a team first orientations, meticulous and results driven.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and problem solving capability.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in a marketing, business, research or communications related field required.
- Minimum 6 years (2+ years in a lead or supervisory role) of demonstrated success in a marketing, research, management, and/or communications-related field, either in the professional services (e.G., law, accounting, or consulting) or in a comparable position in the corporate or trade association sectors.