M&A/Private Equity Attorney for Insurance Firm
Uniondale, NY US
LOCATION: New York
DEPARTMENT: Specialty M&A SUMMARY
This role is the Subject Matter Expert related to R&W Insurance (RWI) products. Primary responsibilities will include leading and placing RWI policies for our M&A clients, as well as increasing the awareness of a firm presence in the RWI markets, and contributing to the overall growth of the M&A group. Supports production staff to increase RWI placement opportunities and brokerage revenue,
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead placement of RWI policies through the preparation of submissions and indication summaries, managing and overseeing the placement and underwriting process of RWI policies, negotiating RWI policies, assisting, supporting, and advising clients and senior brokers through the RWI underwriting process, and other related responsibilities.
- Assist in prospect opportunities by attending national meetings set by production staff.
- Collaborate with other RWI team members to establish and/or maintain protocols on submissions, policy comments, underwriting, etc.
- Attend RWI, legal, PE-oriented, or other M&A/RWI industry seminars, conferences, and events.
- Design and lead branding initiatives to increase awareness of the firm's RWI presence in M&A community through creating marketing material, leading PR initiatives, and hosting educational events.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of relationships with law firms who have created dedicated RWI practices or centers of expertise.
- Conduct internal educational RWI webinars.
- Support claims team in review, negotiation, and settlement of RWI claims.
- Develop and maintain relationships with all key insurance carriers and RWI underwriters nationally and globally.
- Develop and maintain deep understanding of RWI policies and broking/underwriting process.
- Develop and execute RWI industry survey.
- Create and/or maintain database and cloud-based repository of RWI policy placements tracking key metrics.
- Create and/or assist in the creation of quarterly newsletters or state of market updates and include the firm s activity with relevant statistics.
- Partner with producers and participate in meetings with M&A law firms, PE firms, and corporate clients.
- Attend private equity new business opportunities.
- Participate in RWI seminars or webinars.
- Comply with agency management system data standards and data integrity (enter and maintain complete and accurate information).
- Other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor s degree
- Doctor of Jurisprudence degree required
- Five (5) or more years of related work experience, with a minimum of three (3) years spent at a well-regarded law firm practicing corporate/M&A law (strong preference for private equity M&A experience)
- Knowledge of M&A market and RWI
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with strong ability to communicate complex legal/insurance issues in a clear and understandable manner
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, negotiation, legal drafting, and time management skills
- Strong ability to read, understand, and analyze complex M&A agreements and related documentation
- Strong ability to develop professional relationships
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, with ability to manage multiple RWI placements at any given time
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team and to foster teamwork, with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to anticipate workflows, as well as prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment under time-sensitive deal time